Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday's child

Today was my birthday and while typically I love my birthday this year it is just a reminder that I am another year older with no baby.  Friday I started to get crampy and had some spotting, I guess it could have been implantation spotting but I know my body well enough to figure out that it wasn't.  Sure enough on Saturday I made the call to ARMS that I had my cycle day 1 on Saturday.

I spent most of the day with Mom, she was nice enough to go shopping with me for some upcoming baby showers.  I have seen other blogs about infertility in which the women were angry and bitter whenever someone else got pregnant.  I won't deny that sometimes the smallest things hit you right in the gut like a picture of their new baby room but for the most part I try to be optimistic that it will happen for me and I can look to these friends for advice down the road.  I got some great stuff for my friend Beth and also made great progress on a stuffed owl I am making for her (no picture because I want it to be a surprise Beth!). 

Handsome went golfing with his dad and later went to lunch with me at Ra.  Later that night my parents, Handsome and I went to dinner at Pastiche.  I don't think they had enough servers and had a larger party staying long so the service at first wasn't great as it took time to get our table even though the restaurant was half empty and we had reservations and to get our orders started.  After those first few hiccups though the service was fine and the food was really enjoyable.  The funny part of the evening was when I tried a piece of salami that Dad said wasn't hot, and it wasn't, but the flavor was awful!  Apparently the faces I was making had the whole table laughing (especially Mom) which made it even harder for me to choke it down. Handsome took some pictures but don't expect to ever see them here - I looked horrible and deleted them from his phone today.

My parents got me some great charms from Brighton for my bracelet and some cash.  Today we went to NoRTH for lunch with my in-laws and I got great gift certificates and cash that I can use at some nice restaurants I would like to try or a sewing machine - I haven't decided yet.  ARMS called me back today and I have an appointment with Dr. Moffitt tomorrow to get a cyst check ultrasound and to find out what we want to do for our next cycle.  My husband and I want to try superovulation and IUI again but I don't know if Dr. Moffitt will advise us to wait a cycle or if he will prescribe different medication or doses.  I'll let you know what I find out tomorrow.

P.S. You may have noticed that I try and give my posts titles that have to do with the post and have to do with nursery rhymes and faerie tales.  I'll try and end with a quote from said nursery rhyme or faerie tale so you can see the connections my mind makes (which according to Handsome isn't always logical). 

"Monday's child is fair of face
Tuesday's child is full of grace
Wednesday's child is full of woe
Thursday's child has far to go
Friday's child is loving and giving
Saturday's child  has to work for their living
And the child that is born on Sabbath day, is bonny and blithe and good and gay"

Funny note:  I was born on Sunday and my husband on Wednesday ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment