Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Doctors and Puddles

YAY!!!  My doctor's appointment was this morning and although it went long it was confirmed that the cyst has gone!!!  My appointment was at 7:45 and they didn't see me until after 8 and then after the ultrasound I had to wait for a quick teaching visit for my meds so this appointment was much longer than I was used to.  I think the delay was the fact that they apparently had had a bad leak and were cleaning up many of the offices.  I heard someone say that one computer had been immersed in 6 inches of water but they had dried it out and it was still working.  The were trying to soak up and vacuum up as much of the water as they could.  Handsome asked if it cost us bags of money but a cyst check is covered by insurance so we just had our $35 copay.  The cyst check is a vaginal ultrasound like all of my mid-cycle ultrasounds have been.  When I saw the image on the screen and saw my normal chocolate chip cookie PCOS ovaries instead of a large black cyst I was so happy.  I have no done this so many times I can actually identify much of what is on the screen.

So I am off the Aygestin as of now (good thing since I took my last one last night) and if I start bleeding I will start my medication on cycle day 3 (CD3) otherwise if I don't bleed I will start Monday.  Dr. Moffitt warned me that I most likely won't have a normal cycle and may even only have a drop.  So below you can see some pictures of my goodie bag with all my medications.



  • The white tablets in the upper right corner are Clomiphene Citrate, Clomid, and help stimulate ovulation.  I will take 2 pills each night before bedtime CD3 - CD7
  • The grey box under the syringes is my Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH), Follistim which goes into a epi-pen like device and I will take 125 units on CD3, 100 units on CD4, 75 units on CD6, 75 units on CD8, and 50 units on CD10 if my midcycle ultrasound indicates it.
  • The small white box in the middle (its kind of hard to see) is my trigger shot and is mixed and given using the two syringes
  • Finally the ziplock bag is Ciprone suppositories which are for after the IUI to make sure the luteal phase of my cycle is long enough
I will go in on CD9 for my midcycle ultrasound to discover if I have made 2 - 6 follicles or if I have created another cyst.  The hope is that I will have 2 - 6 follicles in which case we will proceed with the IUI and BAM! hopefully I will get pregnant.  The cost of all of this medication was $341.77 and the midcycle ultrasound will be another $290.  I have a sheet of paper with everything I am supposed to take, how much and when, mapped out. 

"Doctor Foster
Doctor Foster went to Glo'ster,
In a shower of rain;
He stepped in a puddle, up to his middle,
And never went there again."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment