Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Song of Sixpence

So sorry I didn't update you yesterday after my appointment I will try and do better.  Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment with an ultrasound and blood test.  An intern started the ultrasound which I have had before so didn't think anything of it but she was trying to angle the wand too far and it was to the point of painful but I have such a hard time speaking up that i didn't say anything.  Luckily she soon turned it over to Dr. Moffitt so he could count follicles.  27!  that's right folks yesterday I had 27 follicles 14 on one side and 13 on the other.  My dosage of the menopur stayed the same (1 vial) but my follistim decreased to 75 units yesterday and today.  I have a small bruise from Monday's shots and now a scratch from my icepack.  I ice down the injection site before hand but rather than waste ice I just grab a package of frozen corn and I scratched myself with the edge of the bag (so graceful ;P).


Tonight I had to have three shots because the follistim stopped with about 20 units to go because the vial was empty.  We had to hook up the second vial so we could stick me again to deliver the full dosage.  It reminded me of a conversation with my doctor (general practitioner).  I was having a small growth on my leg removed and she was numbing with local so she could cut the bump out.  I always thought local would feel like that part of your body falling asleep but instead it burns horribly until suddenly you can't feel it anymore.  Anyways, she gave me 4 to 5 shots and each one burned and then she cut out the bump and sent it for tests (results came back - its not a tumor).  I asked her how many shots she gave me and she says "only one" and I told her "no, I know I felt it go in at least four times" and she says "yes, but its all part of the same shot, the same dose" and I told her "to the layman, a shot is every time the needle punctures your skin regardless of how much is delivered".  We both laughed.  Anyways I have another appointment scheduled for tomorrow and I'll let you know how it goes.  By the with all this talk and work on fertility I got a kick out of this egg that Handsome found the other day:
Yep!  A double yolk!  I thought it was cool even if my husband did make fun of me a little for taking a picture.  ttyl

Sing a Song of Sixpence
"Sing a song of sixpence,
A pocket full of rye.
SEVEN and twenty blackbirds,
Baked in a pie

When the pie was opened,
The birds began to sing;
Wasn't that a dainty dish,
To set before the king?"

P.S. I know its four and twenty but I used blogger discretion to make it fit the post a little better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment