Sunday, June 24, 2012

Looking for the Sunshine

Not a lot new today.  Handsome and I went to The Meat Shop a local butcher and got some New York Strips and some lamb shanks and shoulder chops yesterday.  After dropping the meat off at the house we went to La Bocca for lunch and had their antipasti plate and a bruschetta platter.  Then it was back home to try and fix out water pipes and do some investment work on etrade.  We thought we had fixed the water pipes (we turned off all the water to the house and then turned on the faucets to drain the air trap, once that was done we turned the water back on) but about 6 hours later it stared doing  the same thing so I think it is time to call the plumber.

While my husband was cleaning his shotgun I was watching some shows and unfortunately one was a mother's day episode of Suburgatory which really got to me.  I started to cry because sometimes I just feel so depressed and hopeless.  Handsome figured out that it wasn't my normal sentimentality crying and that I was truly sad and came over and held me.  He told me not to worry that we would fill be up with babies.  I try and be optimistic, look on the bright side, and keep moving forward but sometimes it feels like we have hit road block after road block.  Even after we got some good news and thought things were turning around we were set back at the starting line on Thursday.  Actually its more like being set behind the starting line because each time sets us further and further back. 

Today I went through all the filing and got rid of a lot of old stuff as well as putting a lot of new stuff away.  I am glad that more and more bills, records, etc. are becoming electronic but it still seems like we have a crap-load of paper that has to go somewhere.  Does anyone else hate that kind of stuff as much as I do?  At least it is done... for now.  Cleaning off the piles of paperwork and clutter makes me feel productive.  I feels as though I am not only organizing and brightening my home but I am cleaning out and brightening up me.  And boy do I need some brightening. 

So I will do my best to start looking forward (I can't promise that there wont be some more crying jags or sadness).  I will focus on the good - no more shots for a while - and focus on moving forward - hurry up period and come so we can get this show on the road!  The rain might have washed us down but we will rise again. 

"The Itsy Bitsy Spider"
"The Itsy Bitsy Spider crawled up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all  the rain,
And the Itsy Bitsy Spider crawled up the spout again!"

No comments:

Post a Comment