Saturday, June 16, 2012

Lumps, Bumps, and Bruises.. Oh My!!!

Hi guys, still anxiously waiting for my ultrasound this coming Thursday.  It all feels a little unreal.  After the happy happy news that I was pregnant I floated on that cloud of euphoria for a while but it is so early that I sometimes wonder if its really happening, if something is really growing inside of me.  I hope so and continue to think good thoughts.  The only bad part now is the progesterone shots.  The shots themselves don't particularly hurt but overtime they have created lumps in my butt.  I have one main lump on each side about the size of a walnut (in the shell).  They bother me - not so much physically but psychologically.  They hurt a little like a bruise and sometimes right after a shot it can be painful to lay on that side but for the most part they aren't too painful.  However the lack of pain - I HATE them!  It bothers me that they are there so I started mashing on them to try and work the knot/lump/bump what ever you want to call it out.  Turns out that did nothing to the size of the lump but now I have an explosion of dark purple bruises (mainly on my right side) so I try and leave them alone.  Hopefully at the ultrasound everything will look great and I will move over to the progesterone suppositories and lozenges.  But if not I'll continue to deal with the shots and the lumps and the bruises.  Handsome has been trying to help by moving the shots around more and staying on the edges of the circle away from the lumps but who knows.  I put together a sequence of photos of the progesterone shots for you to enjoy ;)

First we lay out a paper towel on the counter as our sanitary space along with all of our supplies.  The syringe with needle is the 25 gauge needle Handsome first uses to draw out the progesterone.  He then switches to the 22 gauge needle for the injection.  You can see the bottle of progesterone in oil and the alcohol wipe.

This is the 25 gauge needle I don't know if you can tell but it is thick like a nail, he fills it with air to put in the bottle to make withdrawing the fluid easier.

Here you can see Handsome withdrawing 2cc of the progesterone.

Here you can see that he has removed the old needle by putting the cap on and twisting the needle off of the syringe.  In his left hand is the new needle in its cap ready to be placed on the syringe.

Lastly, I tried to get a picture of the 22 gauge needle so you could see how fine it is and how it compares to the 25 gauge but it is hard to see against the paper towel.


By the way Happy Father's day to all the fathers and fathers-to-be out there.  These holidays have never bothered Handsome and I (we think of them as Hallmark holidays like Valentines day).  However, I did find this awesome card that I sent my husband.


ttyl

Ice Cream, a Penny a Lump
"Ice cream, a penny a lump!
The more you eat, the more you jump.
Eeper, Weeper, Chimney sweeper,
Married a wife and could not keep her.
Married another,
Did not love her,
Up the chimney he did shove her!"

No comments:

Post a Comment