Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Silver Linings

This weekend was full and for the most part fun.  My brother-in-law came up with his wife and good friend.  We went and ate at Aunt Chilada's (if you're ever in Phoenix I highly recommend going) and I had a cheese crisp - my favorite.  Then the not so fun part of the weekend happened...

THE CULPRITS

THE DAMAGE

If you know me, then you know that I am addicted to reading.  I read... all.the.time.  I stared to panic when it was obvious that the top half of the screen didn't work.  I went online within 30 minutes of finding the broken kindle and purchased a new one.  I paid extra for 1 day shipping so I would get it Monday instead of Wednesday.  I used Handsome's kindle (actually my old one) while I waited for mine to be shipped; he didn't mind since he typically reads on his phone using the Kindle app.  The only positives in this are that my husband hadn't put on the new skin yet so it was not destroyed and when I got my new one he put it on so it wasn't naked, and my previous kindle had been acting up anyways and I was contemplating purchasing a new one even before the dogs ate it; they just made the decision easier.

AAAAHHHH - Chorus of Angels - My new Kindle



My sister-in-law and I went shopping while the guys hang out and then we all talked for a while until they had to go home.

Sunday we went to see Silver Lining Playbook and I really liked it!  I won't ruin it for those of you who haven't seen it but it was touching, funny, and romantic.  Here is the great message I got from it... we are all crazy in our own way, and love is about finding someone who's crazy fits yours.  I'm sure we've all had, or at least seen, those destructive relationships where the couple is butting heads and its all very explosive and dramatic - that's when your crazy does NOT fit theirs and it causes destruction, but when you find someone who loves you and all your crazy and you love them and all their crazy then you know you'll be all right :)

ttyl

Common english saying"
"Every cloud has a silver lining"

No comments:

Post a Comment