Saturday, April 6, 2013

Long time

Hi.  I know, its been a long time and I apologize for that, I also apologize that this post will have no pictures - perhaps next time.  See the thing is, I was really hoping that I was going to be able to come on here and announce that we were pregnant.   If you remember, Handsome and I had decided to take the holidays off.  Well I was at lunch with a girlfriend and passed on a glass of wine because I was about to start my cycle and just wanted to do a pee stick just in case.  You can imagine my surprise when it came back positive.  Handsome was even more surprised.  Since we have struggled in the past we decided to test again the next day before calling the doctor.  Well I tested the next two days and sporadically after that (day before the appointment, a week after the appointment, etc.) and they all came back as positive.  8 positive tests.  We had early ultrasounds to make sure the baby had implanted in a good spot and saw the sac, we even go to see the heart beat.  We were over the moon but afraid to tell anyone, we wanted to keep it to ourselves until I was in the "safer" second trimester.  Unfortunately I started to bleed during my seventh week and was put on bed rest.  The doctor said it was a subchorionic bleed and an ultrasound showed the heart still beating.  However the bleeding started up again and when I went in a week later the heart beat had stopped.  Right at about 8 weeks we had lost the pregnancy.  Handsome and I were pretty devastated.  We've had tests done and they came back 46 XX which means that either the sample was contaminated with maternal tissue (aka me) or we had a normal (chromosomally) girl.  We will try again and are taking some optimism from the fact that we got pregnant naturally.  We think going gluten free may have had a role along with my eating better and exercising more.

Well sorry for that sad bombshell but I wanted to let you guys know why I had been gone for so long and what had happened.  After the miscarriage I was waiting for the test results (we got them a couple weeks ago) and then had to find time to write.  I'll try and keep up better from now on.

ttyl

No comments:

Post a Comment