Monday, August 12, 2013

Va Va Voom

Giant BOOBS!!! That is what I am dealing with right now.  They are swollen and tender and LARGE and while Handsome might love them right now I could use a break!  I went back on birth control to sync my cycle to the upcoming transfer in September.  The brand is Reclipsen and while I haven't had any negative effects like nausea, fatigue, tec. my breasts have swollen and are fairly sore.  And to think when I was younger I thought my boobs were too small!! 

We had our FET scheduling and consultation with FTC today.  I won't go over my entire schedule, I'll update when my medication changes or after an appointment though to keep you all up to date.

Handsome and I really appreciated our appointment today, they seemed to be very organized and on the ball.  The schedule is laid out in an excel spreadsheet format with all the medications I have to take and all the appointments I will have.  The medications are different and we both feel as though this cycle is much more individualized compared to our previous cycles.

Some basic information about the transfer. They will be transferring both blastocysts which are day 5 blastocysts of good quality.  FTC typically deals with day 4 blastocysts but have adjusted my schedule to accommodate this.  FTC uses their own catheter for transferring the blastocysts which their embryologist invented and patented.  They will be performing assisted hatching on our little embryos to help them break out of the shell.  There is some risk (as there is with any medical procedure) but it is low and has shown to improve implantation and pregnancy rates. 

For the rest of this week I will be taking one birth control tablet, one low-dose aspirin (81mg), my thyroid medication, COQ-10 (100mg), prenatal vitamin and prenatal DHA, B-complex and folate supplements.  I have a pap smear scheduled for Wednesday and a Hysteroscopy scheduled for Friday.  During the hysteroscopy they will use a scope to look inside my uterus and can correct any polyps or fibroids they may see.  They may also perform an endometrial disruption which in some studies has shown to improve IVF/FET success rates.  I will be in twilight anesthesia so won't be able to watch but Dr. Behera will speak to my husband and I afterwards to let us know how everything went and what she saw.

Busy week!  I will try and update this weekend after the procedure.  ttyl

"Jessica Rabbit: You don't know how hard it is being a woman looking the way I do.
Eddie Valiant: You don't know how hard it is being a man looking at a woman looking the way you do.
Jessica Rabbit: I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way." - Who Framed Roger Rabbit

No comments:

Post a Comment