Sunday, July 22, 2012

Brave Fairies

I woke up early today and while Handsome was sleeping in I decide to get my task for the day done.  My mom got me this beautiful faerie several years ago and I love the whimsy.
Unfortunately a little over a year ago her ball came off of her hand.  I took her down off of her perch to fix her but she stayed on the shelf because I never seemed to get around to fixing her.  Today I got her and her ball off of the shelf and hunted down the hot glue gun.  I had to get out the step stool (it sucks sometimes being short) so I could put her back on her hook outside.  Doesn't she look wonderful!
After putting her up I put away all my stuff and for my second task of the day I FINALLY got the instructions for the sewing machine.  I went through them and I am going to focus on tying to get to a test run on the machine sometime this week.  I will probably separate it into a few different tasks - getting the bobbin wound, threading the needle and then doing a sample seam.  With the instructions I did find a cheap dust cover for the machine which I hate so a new dust cover may be one of my first projects on the machine.

Not much else to tell today; I went shopping but didn't find any new tops and came home to my husband who had gone grocery shopping and picked up steaks and corn for dinner.  The steaks were great but NOTHING beats grilled corn on the cob - I could eat it everyday!  Hope everyone's weekend was great!  ttyl

The Flowers by Robert Louis Stevenson
"All the names I know from nurse:
Gardener's garters, Shepherd's purse,
Bachelor's buttons, Lady's smock,
And the Lady Hollyhock.

Fairy places, fairy things,
Fairy woods where the wild bee wings,
Tiny trees for tiny dames --
These must all be fairy names!

Tiny woods below whose boughs
Shady fairies weave a house;
Tiny tree-tops, rose or thyme,
Where the braver fairies climb!

Fair are grown-up people's trees,
But the fairest woods are these;
Where, if I were not so tall,
I should live for good and all."







No comments:

Post a Comment