Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Hush!

This is just a short status update.  Half way there, only 1 week before I take my UPT so keep your fingers crossed for me.  If you haven't checked out my Kindle corner below I highly recommend you check out the current book before I replace it with my newest book.  The book is Quiet:The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain.  I am an introvert and growing up I was sometimes made to feel as though there was something wrong with me because I was not as outgoing as others; this book helped me better understand why I am the way I am and how to use my strengths in life.  I suggest it to everyone who is introverted or knows someone who is (everybody does).  For instance, every year my husband and I try to go to a family/friends get-together on the Fourth of July at my cousins house.  I love all of my cousins and their children but sometimes I feel overwhelmed especially when there are so many people I don't know (friends that come for the 4th) and I have to take some time to myself - usually I go read a few chapters in my room - to decompress.  This is not because I am antisocial or don't like everyone - everybody is SO NICE that it would be impossible not to get along with them but I just get overloaded and need to take time to settle or I might go bonkers.  Quiet has helped me understand that this is totally normal for me and not to beat myself up about it.  With the new job I don't know if we'll make it this year but I am going to try! ttyl

Hush Little Baby
"Hush little baby, don't say a word
Mama's gonna buy you a mocking bird"

No comments:

Post a Comment