Sunday, May 13, 2012

Needle and Thread

This has been an enjoyable weekend.  I started the injections yesterday and they aren't too bad.  I have two little dots on the right side of my stomach so that it looks like I got bit by a very tiny pit viper.  Today we repeated the process on the left side.  I have been icing the area down as recommended and the needles that we got for the Menopur seem a little dull.  Dan pushes and the skin just pushes in until the needle finally goes through with a *pop*.  It doesn't hurt though, what hurts is the medication going in so I have Handsome push it in very slowly for me.  After the Menopur he dials up the Follistim and injects that, that needle has been going in just fine although I have had a tiny drop of blood each time which bothers Handsome. 

Other than the injections we got the car serviced (I'll need new tires soon - yet another expense that seems to pile up on us all at once) we went to P.F. Chang's for lunch and then we stopped by Joann's.  I needed some thread to sew on a button on my husband's suit and while I was there I looked at the sewing machines.  I finally got up the nerve to buy one and will pick it up later this week - it comes with a free class on using it so that is good.  A picture of the model I got is below, it is the Singer Curvy which I think is appropriate since I am curvy :)

Isn't it great!  It has some built in decorative stitches and it can sew on button and has a one-step button-holer.  I think I like the SwiftSmart threader the best.  It seemed pretty easy to use and I will be able to work with it in the class.  When I was pulling up the picture for the Curvy I saw this one:

Gosh!  Isn't it beautiful!  But it costs over $100 more and has less features - do I really want to trade all that for just looks?  Well kinda but I'm going to stick with what i think will work best for me instead of going with just a pretty face - it is neat though and if I was made outa money I would for sure get this :)

After that we went to Dick's Sporting Goods for the husband and Total Wine and More for the wine tasting.  Afterwards we picked up the car and headed home.  We did have one scare when Handsome's truck lost airconditioning and we saw smoke under the hood but it cleared up as mysteriously as it came.  He'll keep and eye on it and if it happens again he'll take it in to the shop.  At home we downloaded Minecraft on the Xbox and started playing.  If you haven't played Minecraft I don't know if I should recommend it or not because it is TOTALLY ADDICTING!!!!  We played until 1 o'clock in the morning until I finally said I had to go to bed.  This morning Handsome got up early to go shoot and I slept in and then went to the container store to buy a desk for my new sewing machine.
I got it from the container store and while I love that place it took entirely too long to get my order but I did score $25 off next time I go PLUS an extra $15 if I go in the month of June.  Anyone want to go with me in June?  I still need to buy a chair to go with my desk.  Then I came back home and played more Minecraft with the hubby until my brain started to ooze out my ears.  Talked to Mom today and she got her Mother's Day bouquet which she said was dried and wilted looking when it was delivered - I am NOT happy and have already lodged a complaint; hopefully they will re-do the order since she only deserves the best!

"Little Snow White"
"Once upon a time in the middle of winter, when the flakes of snow were falling like feathers from the sky, a queen sat at a window sewing, and the frame of the window was made of black ebony. And whilst she was sewing and looking out of the window at the snow, she pricked her finger with the needle, and three drops of blood fell upon the snow. And the red looked pretty upon the white snow, and she thought to herself, "Would that I had a child as white as snow, as red as blood, and as black as the wood of the window-frame."
Grimm, Jacob; Grimm, Wilhelm; Charles River Editors; Taylor, Edgar (2011-11-29). The Complete Brothers Grimm's Fairy Tales (Illustrated) (Kindle Locations 3587-3591). Unknown. Kindle Edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment